Linking TWN Content
Learn more about linking to www.thewellnews.com. Be sure to also review Obtaining and using The Well News content.
I. Do I need permission to link to TheWellNews.com?
You can link directly to www.thewellnews.com without obtaining permission. Review the rest of the questions on this page for guidelines on how to link to our site.
2. May I link to your home page, to a particular section or to a specific article?
You may link to any page, section or article that you are able to view on www.thewellnews.com. If you are not able to view the page on www.thewellnews.com, it is not available for linking.
3. When linking to an article from TheWellNews.com, which URL should I use?
Use the URL that is visible in the browser location/address bar when you view the article on our site. You can also search www.thewellnews.com, but for best results, always refer to the URL that appears when you actually view the article. If you are not able to view the article on www.thewellnews.com, it is not available for linking.
4. May I link to articles in TheWellNews.com archive?
Yes, but archive URLs may change, so be sure to verify your links regularly.
5. The article that I want to link to is no longer available on TheWellNews.com. May I mirror it or post it on my website?
Prior written permission is required to mirror an article or to post it on your site. For more information, please refer to Obtaining and using The Well News content.
6. May I link to TheWellNews.com pages within a frame on my site?
If the page you’re linking to opens within a frame, the www.thewellnews.com content may look like it’s part of your website. This type of display of www.thewellnews.com content is not permissible, so please be careful when linking within frames. When you link to The Well News content, only the URL to www.thewellnews.com should be visible in the browser location/address bar.
7. Can I use the TheWellNews.com logo on my website?
Prior permission is required from The Well News for the use of any of our logos. To obtain permission, send us the overall URL of your site, as well as the URL of the exact page on which the logo will be displayed. In the subject line of the email, write “Use of logo.” Send this information to [email protected]
8. May I send TheWellNews.com article links to my subscribers via email?
Yes, you may send links via email. However, if the email is sent to a paid subscriber list, prior written permission is required.
9. How can I obtain a reciprocal link from TheWellNews.com to my website?
The Well News does not offer reciprocal links to other websites unless they are relevant to a story or the company or organization is a licensed partner and linking is a condition of the agreement. Linking to relevant stories is at the discretion of TWN editors.
10. My question about linking is not answered here. Where can I send my question?