Happening This Week
Coming this week…
- As of September 6, we are 58 days away from Election Day.
- President Trump will deliver remarks in Winston-Salem, North Carolina on September 8.
- Former second lady Dr. Jill Biden will hit the virtual campaign trail for her husband this week in Florida, Nevada, and Minnesota.
Elections by state…
- New Hampshire and Rhode Island primaries will take place on Tuesday, September 8.
Updates From Last Week
- Former Vice President Biden hit the campaign trail in his home state of Delaware to discuss the latest jobs report and looming economic crisis.
- The Lincoln Project unveiled a veteran’s coalition opposing President Trump’s re-election.
- Massachusetts Representative Richard Neal fended off primary challenger Alex Morse.
- President Trump has slipped among key groups that back him in 2016.
- The US Chamber of Commerce has bucked tradition by endorsing a host of Democratic candidates.
- Democratic nominee and former Vice President, Joe Biden, hits President Trump on urban unrest stating “Fires are burning and we have a President who likes to fan the flames.”
- The LA Lakers and AEG will make the Staples Center a voting center for Los Angeles.
- President Trump’s visit to Kenosha exposed US divides ahead of November vote.
More information about your state’s elections can be found at your Secretary of State’s Website:
WASHINGTON -- The FBI’s director acknowledged Thursday that the risks of terrorism and other attacks against the United States are evolving so fast that his agency has difficulty managing them. Cyberattackers threaten the next presidential election, COVID-19 vaccine development and U.S. industries’ best research into new... Read More
WASHINGTON - A long-awaited memorial honoring president and World War II commanding general Dwight D. Eisenhower was dedicated Thursday night and is open to the public as of Friday. The new garden memorial was originally slated to open on May 8, the 75th anniversary of the... Read More
HARRISBURG, Pa. - Things aren't exactly coming up roses for the Green Party and its presidential nominee, Howie Hawkins. For the second time this week a state supreme court has denied the party's bid for inclusion among the contenders on the November 2020 ballot. On Thursday,... Read More
WASHINGTON — Florida Republican Sens. Marco Rubio and Rick Scott want to make sure there is plenty of time for wasting away again in Margaritaville in the sunlight this winter. If they get their way, revelers in Key West, Florida, where Jimmy Buffett and the Coral... Read More
WASHINGTON — Attorney General William Barr has repeatedly floated a conspiracy theory that other countries may distribute counterfeit mail-in ballots to sway the November election. That’s virtually impossible, according to election officials, ballot-printing companies and political scientists. Yet it’s a persistent argument from Barr, and it... Read More
The Federal Reserve left interest rates near zero and signaled it would hold them there through at least 2023 to help the U.S. economy recover from the coronavirus pandemic. The Federal Open Market Committee “expects to maintain an accommodative stance of monetary policy” until it achieves... Read More
COLUMBUS, Ohio — A Franklin County judge issued a preliminary injunction on Wednesday permitting the installation of more than one ballot drop box per county ahead of the Nov. 3 presidential election. In handing down his decision, however, Franklin County Common Pleas Court Judge Richard Frye... Read More
WASHINGTON — As the presidential race moves into its final seven weeks, with former Vice President Joe Biden holding a lead that remains steady but not conclusive, he and President Donald Trump face contrasting challenges, new data from a University of Southern California Dornsife poll show.... Read More
WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump contradicted one of his administration’s top scientists and announced Wednesday that widespread distribution of a coronavirus vaccine would begin as early as next month, further rattling the scientific and public health communities and stoking rival Joe Biden’s claim that Trump can’t... Read More